Monday, June 25, 2012

To Him Coy Mistress

This is a beautiful poem that proposes Andrew's love for his sweet mistress. He explains his love in quite a manner.

"And the last age should show your heart.
For, lady, you deserve this state,
Nor would I love at lower rate."

This was my favorite part of the whole poem. It describes at most how he feels for her. It is very convincing with what detail he provided in his poem. If I would have wrote something like this to my fiance, I could just picture her now, tears rolling down her face as she reads on to the very end. It was very touching.

"My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than empires, and more slow."

This was my second favorite phrase that really brought out how he truly felt about his mistress.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, this is trully a beautiful poem. The wording of it is exquisitely well-written and completely engroses the reader in the feelings and emotions described within.

    ReplyDelete